COVID-19 Lockdown Update
It is clear as a country we have to work together to combat the impact of COVID-19.
The government guidance says people should only leave home for one of four reasons:
- Shopping for basic necessities such as food and medicine. Shopping trips should be as infrequent as possible
- One form of exercise a day such as a run, walk, or cycle. This should be done alone or only with people you live with
- Any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person. This includes moving children under the age of 18 between their parents' homes, where applicable. Key workers or those with children identified as vulnerable can continue to take their children to school
- Traveling to and from work, but only where work absolutely cannot be done from home
Following the legislation, both Chiropractic, Physiotherapy, and Podiatry(among other health-related professions) are able to stay open and serving their patients and communities.
We are still open, but with some changes...
We are still open and ready to serve our patients through this crisis, however making some changes to how we are operating.
New Opening Hours
We are operating compressed opening hours, choosing to open on Tuesday and Thursday only.
To further reduce interaction, we are currently operating without a receptionist, meaning your practitioner will check you in, offer your treatment and then deal with your payment and booking of your next appointment,
- Tuesday - 9 am to 1 pm / 2 pm to 6 pm
- Thursday - 9 am to 1 pm / 2 pm to 6 pm
Physiotherapy & Podiatry for Urgent Care Only
Following advice from their professional bodies, both our Physiotherapist and Podiatrists are only seeing patients who they deem to be requiring urgent care. If you are unsure whether your condition would be considered urgent, our therapists are available to speak over the phone to determine whether they are able to see you for treatment or not.
No Massage, Sports Therapy, Osteopathy or Acupuncture
Until we receive word from the government all of the above therapies have been stopped. We will, of course, update you once we have an idea of when this will be restarting.
All practitioners will be adjusting in vinyl gloves, changed between every appointment to help even further prevent the risk of contamination. We are giving more time to each practitioner to allow them time to clean their room and disinfect their bench between each patient.
What we are advising for patients
Text to Check-in
When you arrive for your appointment, we are asking you to reply to your appointment confirmation text message, letting your practitioner know you have arrived for your appointment. The practitioner will then either call, text, or come meet you outside once they are ready for you.
Wait in the car or outside for your appointment;
We are asking all patients to wait in their car if they have driven for their appointments or wait outside until their practitioner is ready. This step is to reduce the chance of interaction between patients, helping to follow social distancing advice from the government.
Contactless Payment Methods
We are advising all patients who have smartphones that have contactless payments built-in to set their payment cards on their phones, allowing them to make payments without having to type in their pin number. This is a very secure way of making payments. More information on contactless payments can be found below;
Wash Your Hands Upon Arrival
We are asking all patients to wash their hands upon arriving at the clinic to further increase the precautions we are taking at the clinic.
Masks & Gloves
We are not requiring patients to wear gloves or wear face masks, however, if you would prefer this is an option.
Efforts we are taking for your health & safety
- We will no longer be handing out appointment cards, purely relying on our confirmation emails and texts
- We have doubled down on our cleaning schedule with daily efforts being made to keep the clinic clean, hygienic and safe
- We have a no handshake rule
- We are following the government guidelines on staff and self-isolation
- Practitioners will be wearing disposable gloves during your appointment